Author Topic: Ben's current projects  (Read 11358 times)

Offline panic

• Contributor
Ben's current projects
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
I guess we need to start a few threads all over again.   :razz:

Offline Nette

• Contributor
  • Irreversibly Contaminated...
Re: Ben's current projects
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:07:58 AM »
Yes we do    ;)    :D

Offline Eirenne

• Contributor
  • Beyond Hope....
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
It sure looks like it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:35:33 PM by Eirenne »

banner by pwells228

"I would be lost without you..."  :heartbeat:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:40:36 PM »
Yep.

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.
John Crichton-Terra Firma

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:34:45 AM »
I do believe we will have quite a bit to discuss at Scaper Camp in 9 days!!!   :jump: :greenstars: :bounce: :greenstars: :jump:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
I do believe we will have quite a bit to discuss at Scaper Camp in 9 days!!!   :jump: :greenstars: :bounce: :greenstars: :jump:

Yes, we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :happydance:

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 03:33:30 PM »
:greenstars:Pics of Ben in Chuck! :greenstars:
:happydance:   :happydance:   :happydance:   :happydance:   :happydance:
 :greenstars:Posted in Crash-Debris! :greenstars:
:happydance:   :happydance:   :happydance:   :happydance:   :happydance:
 :greenstars:Thank you Crash!!!! :greenstars:

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »
Thank SpriteLady.  They're her caps.  ;D  I'm just the street dealer.  :laugh:

Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline Bimo

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »
Thank SpriteLady.  They're her caps.  ;D  I'm just the street dealer.  :laugh:

Well, in that case... Lots of thanks to both the provider and the street dealer!   :flower:

Living in Germany my access to American TV shows is rather limited. You've no idea on how much good stuff I would have missed out over the years  if it weren't for people like you.

Oh, and as I followed the debate over at Terra Firma regarding Mr. Browder's appearance:  I didn't quite manage to reply what I would have liked to reply when I read the respective thread. So I'll try here instead: Life isn't static. People aren't static, but subjected to all kinds of change. And at least for me, that's perfectly alright!  :)

(I guess I'd actually have been rather disappointed if he'd stayed John Crichton's mirror image forever ;) )

Offline BenBrowderFan

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
I just joined, I am a new Benaholic and know almost nothing about forums (but I am reading all the rules and stickies) but since you know Spritelady, as I know of her, it seems appropriate to post a link to a video created by her, about Ben's Current Projects. 

Please let me know (gently) if I mess up royally, or if everyone has seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB7HTB8LtNA

Thanks, Kathleen

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:18:18 AM »
Hi Kathleen so glad to have you here.  We adore Sprite and all her work.  Thanks for sharing this.

Sybil

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 10:35:58 AM »
Welcome, Kathleen.  We're glad to have you here.  Anyone who loves Ben Browder is VERY welcome. 

You did not mess up at all!  Thank you for posting the link.  :happydance: 

The forum will also let you 'imbed' the video.  If you use the full Reply feature, or preview your post, there's a YouTube button on the far left of the bottom row of buttons. 

Click on that, and then put the gobbledegook that appears after the = in the YouTube link between the brackets. 

Code: [Select]
[youtube]QB7HTB8LtNA[/youtube]
... and you get this ...

[youtube]QB7HTB8LtNA[/youtube]

Feel free to stop in and post videos whenever you like.  :agreed:  And discuss Ben Browder.  Mmmmmmm.  :melting:  You're always welcome to stop in and discuss Ben.  ;D
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline BenBrowderFan

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome and tips.  Wasnt the video JUST Yummy?! :heartbeat:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 01:33:17 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome and tips.  Wasnt the video JUST Yummy?! :heartbeat:

Of course it was.  The subject is yummy.  ;D

Sybil

Offline Nette

• Contributor
  • Irreversibly Contaminated...
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 05:37:54 AM »
Welcome Kathleen!!!  Always glad to have another Ben Browder fan join us.

We love Sprite's work ... she is amazing!!!

Of course it was.  The subject is yummy.  ;D

Sybil

:agreed:  Absolutely!!!

Offline BenBrowderFan

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
I was able to successfully upload the Ben avatar that I wanted, and now I won't need another Christmas present EVER. :cloud9:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:42:03 AM by BenBrowderFan »

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »
I was able to successfully upload the Ben avatar that I wanted, and now I won't need another Christmas present EVER. :cloud9:

:woo: 

Oh my heavens.  Would you look at that youngster.  Was there ever a time when he wasn't drop-dead handsome? 

Just as a BTW ... if you have any questions or difficulties customizing your account (signature banners, custom title, personal text, or any of that stuff) either here or at Terra Firma, don't hesitate to give me or any of the TF Mods a shout.  That's what we're here for.  ;D  TF can sometimes be very obstinate about changing avatars (that's assuming you ever want to change it, and with that one, why would you? ;D ).  It occasionally takes a Mod giving it a swift kick in the butt to accept the change. 

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »

Oh my heavens.  Would you look at that youngster.  Was there ever a time when he wasn't drop-dead handsome? 

I can't think of anytime.

Sybil

Offline BenBrowderFan

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »

Just as a BTW ... if you have any questions or difficulties customizing your account (signature banners, custom title, personal text, or any of that stuff) either here or at Terra Firma, don't hesitate to give me or any of the TF Mods a shout.  That's what we're here for.  ;D  TF can sometimes be very obstinate about changing avatars (that's assuming you ever want to change it, and with that one, why would you? ;D ).  It occasionally takes a Mod giving it a swift kick in the butt to accept the change. 

Thanks Kernil, everyone here has been SO NICE.  I am working on a blog about the fact that I JUST discovered BB less than a year ago.  (I live under a rock.) I mentioned the newness of my Ben discovery to SpriteLady in a message to her through youtube and she replied to me starting with "You poor deprived child."
  :rotfl:
And just as a BTW. I love the "Oh my heavens".
My initial reaction to this photo was similar, it went like this "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!"
(Unless I can't say that? If not, can you take it out for me?) 
-
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:14:24 PM by BenBrowderFan »

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
Thanks Kernil, everyone here has been SO NICE.  I am working on a blog about the fact that I JUST discovered BB less than a year ago.  (I live under a rock.) I mentioned the newness of my Ben discovery to SpriteLady in a message to her through youtube and she replied to me starting with "You poor deprived child."
  :rotfl:
And just as a BTW. I love the "Oh my heavens".
My initial reaction to this photo was similar, it went like this "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!"
(Unless I can't say that? If not, can you take it out for me?)  
-

Sprite is such a hoot isn't she?

I would love to read your blog. 

Sybil
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:58:04 PM by shester »

Offline BenBrowderFan

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »
Sybil, Welcome to “more than you needed to know about my thought process”.

When I said “working on a blog” I may have overstated it a bit (LOL).  I have a desire to to write about how I have been fairly recently introduced to an actor who I have such a strong attraction to, I am almost concerned about it.  An actor from a show that was canceled about a decade ago (but then I got over all that and thought, lets share it). Anyway, I don't know ANYTHING really about blogging, specifically, whether I am violating any copyright laws, etc, so I have done very little – but you are more than welcome to see the very little I have done, with just a bit more prelude from me.

I had created the wordpress site, chosen a sci-fi-ish theme, and posted one photo (guess which one) and about two sentences.  That is all it was till last night.  Last night I was playing with the themes and was looking for ones that were geared toward photos.  I have set my desktop and screensaver to my Ben-Honey’s photos, (and yes, that IS the name of the file folder; “Ben Honey”)  and of course some photos I have found are high-res (and look great. Like-he-is-in-the-room-with-me) and some are not high-res.  So last night I try a different theme - which emphasizes the photos and not the text, and allows the photos to be GIANT in the slide show, and changes the background color of each photo to kind-of accentuate the photo.  So I slapped up two more photos, and no text.  Now the photos come up in reverse order (cause it's a blog) and they dont even fit on my screen (look for the arrows to scroll). I am pretty sure I am going to change the theme again. BUT, after all that being said . . .

www.MeAndBenBrowder.wordpress.com

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:41:28 PM by BenBrowderFan »

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
Sybil, Welcome to “more than you needed to know about my thought process”.

When I said “working on a blog” I may have overstated it a bit (LOL).  I have a desire to to write about how I have been fairly recently introduced to an actor who I have such a strong attraction to, I am almost concerned about it.  An actor from a show that was canceled about a decade ago (but then I got over all that and thought, lets share it). Anyway, I don't know ANYTHING really about blogging, specifically, whether I am violating any copyright laws, etc, so I have done very little – but you are more than welcome to see the very little I have done, with just a bit more prelude from me.

I had created the wordpress site, chosen a sci-fi-ish theme, and posted one photo (guess which one) and about two sentences.  That is all it was till last night.  Last night I was playing with the themes and was looking for ones that were geared toward photos.  I have set my desktop and screensaver to my Ben-Honey’s photos, (and yes, that IS the name of the file folder; “Ben Honey”)  and of course some photos I have found are high-res (and look great. Like-he-is-in-the-room-with-me) and some are not high-res.  So last night I try a different theme - which emphasizes the photos and not the text, and allows the photos to be GIANT in the slide show, and changes the background color of each photo to kind-of accentuate the photo.  So I slapped up two more photos, and no text.  Now the photos come up in reverse order (cause it's a blog) and they dont even fit on my screen (look for the arrows to scroll). I am pretty sure I am going to change the theme again. BUT, after all that being said . . .

www.MeAndBenBrowder.wordpress.com

It looks like a good start.  Seems like you are definitely "Benboggled".

As long as you are not disrespectful to Ben or his family then all is well.  We (as in scapers) are very protective of all the actors on Farscape.  They have been good to us and we try to give them the respect they deserve.  

We do however have tons of fun with the characters Ben plays.  You should visit the John Crichton Shrine on TF.  

Sybil
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:19:56 PM by shester »

Offline BenBrowderFan

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
Yeah, I considered MeAndJohnCrichton but that eliminates Cameron Mitchell and Nick Naught and the DOZENS of other FUTURE long-lived characters BB will lend his talent to (positive affirmation intended). 

Thanks for your exchange.  I really enjoyed it.   I really don't get out a lot.

Kathleen
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:53:03 PM by BenBrowderFan »

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »
Yeah, I considered MeAndJohnCrichton but that eliminates Cameron Mitchell and Nick Naught and the DOZENS of other FUTURE long-lived characters BB will lend his talent to (positive affirmation intended). 

Thanks for your exchange.  I really enjoyed it.   I really don't get out a lot.

Kathleen

:laugh:

Sybil