Author Topic: New fiction  (Read 3873 times)

Offline werleysr

• Contributor
  • I don't get out much, so I read a lot.
New fiction
« on: May 27, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »
You are a very talented writer.  You give John and Aeryn a voice that is reminiscent of the tv show.  Actually, the words you give to them could come from the show.  I could almost believe it actually happened on the show.  I love all of the fiction you have written about them even though some has made me cry a lot has made me smile and laugh.  I miss the show so much and your writing.  It would be great if you could come up with new adventures for them.  They are greatly missed.  Thank you so much for making this person very happy in finding your work. :heartbeat:

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
Re: New fiction
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »
Thank you!!!!  :happydance:  :veryhappy:  :lovies:  You made my night (and the next few days) with this wonderful compliment. 

I haven't given up on writing more fanfic.  I desperately want to.  I have approximately two dozen half written stories that I would like VERY much to finish, one of which would be the longest story I've dreamed up for Farscape.  First step is that I need to sit down and watch a pile of Farscape to get their voices in my head again.  (Yes, I have voices inside my head talking to me!  :laugh: )  I want the stories to be what you mentioned, faithful to Farscape, and for that I need to be able to hear the characters in my head. 

Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline werleysr

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »
You do it very well, hear their voices in your head....lol  I love reading your work, thank you so much for creating such powerful words.  Farscape has helped me through very difficult times and finding terra firma was the icing on the cake for me.  You and a couple others seem to know exactly how to phrase the characters almost to perfection.  Again, thank you for being there...

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »
Farscape and Scapers have helped me through one difficult stretch after another.  Farscape itself (and my year-long retreat into the Uncharted Territories) may have prevented me from losing my job.  Long story, but I'm not sure I would have made it through a bad stretch in 2002 with my job intact if it hadn't been for Farscape.  Scapers and Terra Firma were there for me through another extremely difficult period from 2005-2008.  Scapers have been there for me several times since then.  All of which is to say that I know what you're feeling and how it helps. 

It's close to impossible to explain to non-Scapers that a TV show saved your life, isn't it?  They listen, nod, and then pick up the phone and make a reservation for you at the psychiatric ward.  :laugh:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:44:40 PM by KernilCrash »
Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline werleysr

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 10:13:44 PM »
So true, even my psychologist doesn't really understand how Farscape has helped me.  I know my friends don't really understand, but this show means so much to me and it is so hard to explain to someone who just doesn't get it.  I've met some very nice people thanks to this tv show.  It just touches something inside me, everything about it and the people I've gotten to know seem to get it and don't think I'm nuts because of it.  Again, thank you for your stories, they have touched me as well.