Author Topic: Exodus From Genesis  (Read 3866 times)

Offline shester

• Contributor
Exodus From Genesis
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:48:29 AM »

I am with John.  Don't love the critters.  I think he stays in a constant "what's next" state.  Poor guy.

Bugs just floating through space until time to give birth.  Funny they need warmth for that, yet live their lives in space.

John got the better of the PK.  He should have spaced them but at this point he can't do that.  Crais is not going to get a clue and stop chasing them.

Sybil :owl:

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.
John Crichton-Terra Firma

Offline AP Angel

• Reader
Re: Exodus From Genesis
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:21 PM »
I love that picture of John, Sybil. :yummy: So innocent and sort of untouched.

This is one of my favourite early episodes, although, like John, not too keen on the bugs! Once again, John comes up with a plan and essentially saves the day, even though the Queen is much more inclined to give credit to Rygel  :rolleyes: I was still not very keen on D'Argo by this episode but Zhaan began to grow on me and at least she had some appreciation for John at the end. Time and patience indeed, he is going to need both.

I always rather wondered how come Aeryn turned to John to make him promise to take care of her. Where did that level of trust come from so soon? Last week she was laughing with D'Argo about how useless a planet full of Johns would be and here she is putting her life in his hands. This thought may be coloured by the fact that, when Farscape was first shown in the UK, Exodus came a few episodes later and being the third episode it always seems to come a little too early to me.

I do love the scene on the terrace at the end where you do actually feel that John and Aeryn have made some sort of connection and just perhaps understand each other a little better  :goodvibes:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »
I love that picture of John, Sybil. :yummy: So innocent and sort of untouched.

I love that pic too.  I have to give Beth the credit for it though.

This is one of my favourite early episodes, although, like John, not too keen on the bugs! Once again, John comes up with a plan and essentially saves the day, even though the Queen is much more inclined to give credit to Rygel  :rolleyes: I was still not very keen on D'Argo by this episode but Zhaan began to grow on me and at least she had some appreciation for John at the end. Time and patience indeed, he is going to need both.

John tends to save the day a lot but rarely gets credit for it.  Especially in Liars, Guns and Money.  I remember when it came out and people talked about Aeryn's plan to get John.  It was John's plan to get Jothee she just used the plan.  Time and patience.  Yep he is going to need tons of that.

I always rather wondered how come Aeryn turned to John to make him promise to take care of her. Where did that level of trust come from so soon? Last week she was laughing with D'Argo about how useless a planet full of Johns would be and here she is putting her life in his hands. This thought may be coloured by the fact that, when Farscape was first shown in the UK, Exodus came a few episodes later and being the third episode it always seems to come a little too early to me.

I always wondered if she asked him because she knew he wouldn't do it.  If she didn't get too bad then she could live.  D'Argo at the time probably would have gotten rid of her and gone on his way to try to fix what was going on.  :laugh:  He was not fond of PK at that time, even one living with them.  He was ready to get rid of Rygel in Premiere even though Rygel was the one that got them out. 

I do love the scene on the terrace at the end where you do actually feel that John and Aeryn have made some sort of connection and just perhaps understand each other a little better  :goodvibes:

:agreed:  I love that scene and I wish they could have used the Terrace more. 

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 05:20:34 AM »
I love that pic too.  I have to give Beth the credit for it though.

Nope.  Janette gets the credit.  ;D  She selected and cropped and provided all the pictures for the rewatches. 

Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 07:03:02 AM »
Nope.  Janette gets the credit.  ;D  She selected and cropped and provided all the pictures for the rewatches. 

That's right.  I forgot about that.

Offline littlejamie

• It's all about those Baby Blues.........
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »
A favourite from season 1

I love the innocence in John's eyes still. No surprise there. Those blue eyes sigh!!!

John is still trying to use words to solve things, he doesn't want to use violence.  As he doesn't want to kill, which later on becomes so common to saving their butts.

They are not family yet. Far from it..but John wants them to be a band. They may bicker but he wants them to get along to survive in the harsh environment.

I too love the terrace scene. That is one promise John could never keep. Of course he never did say he would do it.

Made by Clorinda
There is no home. There is no wormhole. There's only you. John Crichton