Author Topic: Premiere - 1.01  (Read 14284 times)

Offline panic

• Contributor
Premiere - 1.01
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »

Posting the pic to get us started.  I'll be back with commentary in a bit. Can't wait to start watching Premiere.

(Wow, great pic Nette!)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:00:50 PM by panic »

Offline panic

• Contributor
Re: Premiere - 1.01
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »
Love how this episode starts with him looking at the launch site.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:11:56 PM by panic »

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
I always have trouble getting past the scene where he's walking with Jack.  Knowing what lies ahead of him, so much heartache, I want to yell, "Don't go!!!"  But then he would never meet Aeryn.  :lovies: 

Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »
I always have trouble getting past the scene where he's walking with Jack.  Knowing what lies ahead of him, so much heartache, I want to yell, "Don't go!!!"  But then he would never meet Aeryn.  :lovies: 

Or wear that duster and all that leather. :devil:

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.
John Crichton-Terra Firma

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »

I love the walk and talk with Jack.  "I can't be your kind of hero."

"No you can't be. But each man gets the chance to be his own kind of hero. Your time'll come and when it does - watch out. Chances are, it'll be the last thing you ever expected. "

Boy was his Dad right on that one.

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »

Sybil
:hi5:

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »
Ok my nitpick moment.  When John is approaching maximum velocity in 18 seconds and DK tells him to "Hold a moment".  Really???  Hold on a moment?  Not a veer to the left or right or up or down - hold.   :rolleyes:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »
Ok my nitpick moment.  When John is approaching maximum velocity in 18 seconds and DK tells him to "Hold a moment".  Really???  Hold on a moment?  Not a veer to the left or right or up or down - hold.   :rolleyes:

:LOL:

Well, it is DK.  He isn't too bright.

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »
Poor innocent John has so much sadness and sorrow ahead of him. Crazy years/cycles ahead of him.

Sybil

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
Poor innocent John has so much sadness and sorrow ahead of him. Crazy years/cycles ahead of him.

Sybil
So true.  That look of wonder when he is on Moya and then his realization that he is on another planet. 

Offline Nette

• Contributor
  • Irreversibly Contaminated...
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 11:02:36 PM »

Me too!!!  It is a fantastic way to start.  John is so innocent    :worried:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »
So true.  That look of wonder when he is on Moya and then his realization that he is on another planet. 

He was in awe that he was on another planet and yet terrified at the same time.

Sybil

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »

Sybil

:hi5:    :thud:

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 11:06:58 PM »

Sybil

This is true    :laugh:

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 11:11:23 PM »

"I'm on another planet''    :o   

He gets a similar look on his face when he sees Aeryn's prowler after says his module is ''cutting edge technology''    :D

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »
I love this episode.

Sybil

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
I think John says and feels alot of things that we would feel being in the same situtation and why I think we can relate to ''Boy, was Spielberg ever wrong''   :wide-eyed:

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »
I love this episode.

Sybil

Me too!!!

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »
I think John says and feels alot of things that we would feel being in the same situtation and why I think we can relate to ''Boy, was Spielberg ever wrong''   :wide-eyed:

:agreed:

Sybil

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 05:16:37 AM »

Okay, from a controller's stand point ... Sometimes you say 'standby' to an aircraft having an emergency.  You need them to know you're processing information.  You're working on it.  They're going to keep doing whatever they need to do (veer, etc), but they know to be ready for a change. 

My techno-nitpick is Jack's headset.  The cord is all screwed up.  You're telling me a NASA astronaut, who by the nature of his job has spent eons wearing a headset, cannot get it on correctly. It drives me insane.  I want reach into the TV and correct it.  :rotfl:
Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 05:55:31 AM »
Okay, from a controller's stand point ... Sometimes you say 'standby' to an aircraft having an emergency.  You need them to know you're processing information.  You're working on it.  They're going to keep doing whatever they need to do (veer, etc), but they know to be ready for a change. 

My techno-nitpick is Jack's headset.  The cord is all screwed up.  You're telling me a NASA astronaut, who by the nature of his job has spent eons wearing a headset, cannot get it on correctly. It drives me insane.  I want reach into the TV and correct it.   :rotfl:

:LOL:    Don't you just hate when that urge happens    :razz:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 06:34:21 AM »

My techno-nitpick is Jack's headset.  The cord is all screwed up.  You're telling me a NASA astronaut, who by the nature of his job has spent eons wearing a headset, cannot get it on correctly. It drives me insane.  I want reach into the TV and correct it.  :rotfl:

:laugh:

Sybil

Offline littlejamie

• It's all about those Baby Blues.........
  • Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
Me too....Beautiful shot

Sybil
:hi5:

Sybil
:LOL: :agreed:

Made by Clorinda
There is no home. There is no wormhole. There's only you. John Crichton

Offline littlejamie

• It's all about those Baby Blues.........
  • Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
I love the scene when John asks for paper everyone looks at him like he's nuts, and he just starts to write on the floor.

The slingshot theory maneuver is a cool CGI shot.

My techno-nitpick is Jack's headset.  The cord is all screwed up.  You're telling me a NASA astronaut, who by the nature of his job has spent eons wearing a headset, cannot get it on correctly. It drives me insane.  I want reach into the TV and correct it:rotfl:

:laugh:

Made by Clorinda
There is no home. There is no wormhole. There's only you. John Crichton

Offline tara

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 12:29:25 AM »

For me it's the scene with DK - you know, where he talks about “that feeling you have the night before something really big's about to happen in your life?”  I just love that scene – I soooo want to tell him that he has no idea what’s in store for him!!

Of course, I love the scene with Jack too – just love how John’s face looks when his Dad is giving the “your own kind of hero” speech.  We don't get to see the softer facial expressions for very long...