Author Topic: A Single Tear Fell (G)  (Read 1625 times)

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
A Single Tear Fell (G)
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
A Single Tear Fell 

Rating: G
Disclaimer: I don't think I'll need it this time.

Note to the reader:  This was written in response to a challenge.  At one point, a lot of the fics had begun referring to someone (usually Aeryn) fighting not to cry, and a single tear rolling down the person's cheek.  The challenge was a backlash against the growing cliche and simply required that the writer come up with a story that deliberately used the phrase 'a single tear fell'. 

Once again, my brain went in a slightly different direction than most. 

The Peacekeeper research ship finally found the specific point in space where black matter, gravity, energy and time all met the pinpoint criteria which the scientists demanded in order to make the new weapon function.

Ensuring that the area for two hundred thousand metras in every direction was empty of ships, they began to feed the entire power output of the massive research vessel into the weapon.  Before their screens the elated staff could see the beginning of a subspace rift forming.  Cheers began to echo through the control room, but suddenly one station after another began shrilling alarms as the experiment went hideously wrong.

Shouts of "frell" and "dren", and cries of confusion filled the room as the subspace tear began expanding out of control, consuming and destroying all energy and matter in every direction around the ship, but leaving the power source itself alone.  Before anyone could react, all planets, all stars, all matter in the universe was engulfed by subspace -- nothingness.

And so the universe was destroyed because a single tear frelled.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

With a brain working at 90 degrees to the rest of the world,

Crash
:dk:
Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene