Author Topic: Premiere  (Read 6006 times)

Offline shester

• Contributor
Premiere
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:32:52 PM »

Looking forward to our discussions. 

Sybil :owl:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:33:23 PM by shester »

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.
John Crichton-Terra Firma

Offline littlejamie

• It's all about those Baby Blues.........
  • Contributor
Re: Premiere
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 09:44:23 PM »
Hey I'm here

Cute owl Sybil..
Will join in when I can..
So weird on the phone. Having to make things bigger to see.

:bunny:

Made by Clorinda
There is no home. There is no wormhole. There's only you. John Crichton

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:01:20 AM »
Hey I'm here

Cute owl Sybil..
Will join in when I can..
So weird on the phone. Having to make things bigger to see.

Great Jamie.  Just come in when you can hon.

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 08:32:05 AM »
Is it January 3rd yet?  :excited:
Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 07:59:41 PM »
Is it January 3rd yet?  :excited:

Not yet.   >:(

Offline littlejamie

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 08:13:12 PM »
31 hours it will be..
This will be fun..hopefully will be inspired through it.

Are we doing it once a week? Or how is it going to be?

Made by Clorinda

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »
Yes, the plan is for once a week, Jamie.  Unless we all decide to skip a week for some reason, we'll start a new episode each Saturday.  :excited:
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline littlejamie

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 11:04:16 PM »
Ok thanks Beth..
I'll probably watch, then post my thoughts. Just wanted to make sure how we were going to do it.

Made by Clorinda

Offline peacekeeper1947

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 01:00:32 PM »
Anybody around? I was so excited last nite!! I started the rewatch and my daughter was watching with me! :goodvibes:

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 08:08:45 PM »
Anybody around? I was so excited last nite!! I started the rewatch and my daughter was watching with me! :goodvibes:

Hey hon.  Just go ahead and write a comment. 

You have all week to make comments and others will come in when they watch the show.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:35:35 PM by shester »

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 04:59:31 PM »
John Crichton so innocent and cocky.  No idea about the horrors awaiting him. 

I always thought it odd that the PK had that stupid rule about new species when they are suppose to police the galaxy.  How can they do that if they aren't allowed to associate with unknown species?  Kind of hard to do wouldn't you think?  Crais was willing to "study" John.   Kind of like what the humans would do if Crais showed up on Earth. 

I liked everything about this episode.  Everyone getting to know each other a little better and not trusting each other at all.  :laugh:

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »
I have trouble getting through the scene where John and Jack are walking down the hallway.  I want to yell at John to not go.  He's GOT to go -- otherwise how would he meet Aeryn -- but when I think of everything that lies ahead, I don't want him to get on the shuttle.

I've always had the same reaction as you, Sybil.  Innocent and cocky.  But for the first time, I also saw someone entirely comfortable in his world and in who he is.  That's part of the cocky, and also goes beyond it.  It's confidence and belonging.  Doctorate from MIT, brightest of the bright, he lives in a world where he understands all the rules and can make the most of them.  John being an alien in the UT's and struggling to adapt was one of the major themes of the show, but somehow it struck me more clearly and forcefully this time through.  Even at the end, he's trying to latch on to a few rules and get them to work, and the rules just don't work, no matter how hard he tries. 

"He said that we've passed into the Uncharted Territories and that your people don't have jurisdiction".
"Crais thinks you killed his brother. In such a case - would you obey jurisdictional boundaries?"

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »
I was thinking about Aeryn telling John that Peacekeepers wouldn't do what the humans did to Rygel in AHR.  She was wrong.  Crais was chopping at the bits to tear John apart to see what he was made of.

"A human? That will require some study. I will - personally - enjoy pulling you apart to see what you are made of."

Offline littlejamie

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 03:07:21 AM »
I love the beginning shot..oh those innocent blue eyes. Staring at the launch pad.

I agree he definitely is one cocky guy.

In the hallway the conversation between father and son, my favourite bit is the hero part. John thinks his father wants him to be a certain way. Certain kind of hero, John says he can't be that. I love how jack  says about his son's time will come to be a hero in his own way. Jack gets that John doesn't want to be known as jack Crichton's son. He wants to leave him own kind of mark..and he does.

Arriving on Moya so clueless to the harsh reality that he is in now. Far from terra Firma.

It's interesting seeing everyone interact with one goal not to get caught and cautious about trust. It's not how he imagined meeting aliens would be like.

I don't get the whole irreversibly contaminated anyone who comes across someone new would be then. Crais you can see was not born into the peacekeepers you can see the emotions he has when sees his brother's prowler be destroyed. He won't obey the law of his ship.

The ending with John talking in the tape recorder, fixing up one-eye I love that. It's like he is trying to regain normalcy from the day he's had. I can't help but go back to Jack's words. About being a hero. "Watch out, chances are it'll be the last thing you'll ever expect" little does father know how true those words would be for his son.

Made by Clorinda

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »
Jamie you have such great insight.

Offline peacekeeper1947

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
I think when I watch the first episode I am amazed at how open John was to everything! He was not negative about any of it! Innocent , yes but open. Open to the strange new species he meets , to the ship that he is on , almost excited to be among them! And he jumps at a chance to help them, he is so unprotected, and vulnerable. He does not operate on a selfish level . He extends his hand , gives his friendship to all of them , even Rygel , who actually spits in his face! And from the minute he met Aeryn, he was hooked. She beat him simple, and he makes small talk! He stole the fork just to impress her! And none of the others are as kind to him. He saves both D'Argo and Aeryn and they act like he is the idiot. From the start John was the one who made these characters blend, he was the heart of the story from the first episode. He cared for each of them as the series proceeded , he just started with the broken drd, in the end he fixed them all.

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 08:22:45 PM »
I think when I watch the first episode I am amazed at how open John was to everything! He was not negative about any of it! Innocent , yes but open. Open to the strange new species he meets , to the ship that he is on , almost excited to be among them! And he jumps at a chance to help them, he is so unprotected, and vulnerable. He does not operate on a selfish level . He extends his hand , gives his friendship to all of them , even Rygel , who actually spits in his face! And from the minute he met Aeryn, he was hooked. She beat him simple, and he makes small talk! He stole the fork just to impress her! And none of the others are as kind to him. He saves both D'Argo and Aeryn and they act like he is the idiot. From the start John was the one who made these characters blend, he was the heart of the story from the first episode. He cared for each of them as the series proceeded , he just started with the broken drd, in the end he fixed them all.

I agree Sharon.