Author Topic: Questions about the rewatch thread  (Read 5208 times)

Offline DRD Pike

• Contributor
Questions about the rewatch thread
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »
Hi! I'm new here, so I had a couple questions about how the rewatch works.

Is there a single thread for each episode? The reason I ask is that I would like to contribute to the thread, but if my thought is not about the same topic as what other people are saying, am I hijacking? But if there is a single thread, it seems inevitable that not all the posts will be about the same thing. (Eg. I was going to post about the fact that the scientist character is the lead)

Also, I read that there is a slant on this board toward John and John/Aeryn shipping. (Oh, perhaps I should mention, Crichton is my favourite character!) I would like to respect the creator/members of the forum and so I am wondering if it is preferred to try to keep conversation to John and John/Aeryn topics.

Thanks
Sonja

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
Re: Questions about the rewatch thread
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:37:23 AM »
Hi Sonja, and welcome!

Don't worry too much about mixing things up in the rewatch thread.  Just toss in whatever you're thinking and feeling.  The conversation tends to be all over the place to start with, so hijacking isn't really a problem.  If at some point during the rewatch process, a bunch of us get into a VERY intense discussion of some particular point, and you want to talk about a different aspect of the episode, one of two things is going to happen.  Either you're just going to KNOW that this is moment to start a new thread -- it's going to feel right and there will not be any uncertainty in your mind -- or it'll get mixed in and I will split it off so it gets equal attention.  Just keep in mind that if I split out a conversation, it's to give it equal air time and so people notice it, not as any kind of punishment.

As for the focus (Crichton, etc), if Crichton is your favorite character you have nothing to worry about.  Talk about whatever strikes your fancy.  That caution at Terra Firma wasn't aimed at you or anyone like you.  :hug3: 

What we're after here is a positive slant to watching ALL of Farscape.  Not just John and Aeryn, but the entire show.  The group here loves the entire thing.  What we were attempting to avoid with the post at Terra Firma is that very small group of fans who approach discussing the show from the negative side of things.  What we don't want is the constant examination of what is wrong with Farscape.  We want to talk about what is right.  Not that we don't have our moments.  ;D  You'll spot the pet peeves pretty quick.  :laugh:  It's the overall mental approach that we're after, and I think I can guarantee that you don't have anything to worry about.

So dive right in, and enjoy yourself.  :happydance:
Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline DRD Pike

• Contributor
Re: Questions about the rewatch thread
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply.

Runs off to join the discussion...