Author Topic: PKWars - Part One  (Read 12831 times)

Offline Nette

• Contributor
  • Irreversibly Contaminated...
PKWars - Part One
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »

Some people like Peacekeeper Wars, some don’t.  I am one of the people that do; in fact I absolutely adore it and would be embarrassed to tell just how many times I have watched it over the years   :-[   I will be forever grateful to the wonderful scapers that worked a miracle and managed to get some closure for the Farscape series.  Thank you!!   :bow1:

~~

The miniseries opens with the worrying sight of John lying comatose with the chilly voice over of Aeryn   :worried:

So much happens during the miniseries as we begin with the amazing CGI that continues throughout this action packed story of love, betrayal and heartache.

The series ended with John and Aeryn crystallised but the Moyans did not give up on them and send Rygel to collect our beloved couple’s pieces from the bottom of the Qujagan Sea in the hope that the diagnosan that Chiana, Stark and Grunchlk arrive with can help.

John and Aeryn are indeed put back together and during this first part, attempt to get married not once but twice ... both without success. Aeryn is found not to be pregnant by the diagnosan   :o   However poor Rygel is now reluctantly the carrier of the couple’s child with the possibility of transfer not advisable at such an early stage in the baby’s development. Hearing from his cousin Bishan does not help this situation either.

Upon learning John is indeed alive Scorpius abandons his command and arrives with Sikozu, forcing everyone to go into hiding where Noranti recognises the Eidelons and D’Árgo informs them about Arneesk.

Of course Scorpius isn’t the only villain the Moyans have to deal with.  It seems Grayza has her sights set on command again and will stop at nothing to obtain it, even poisoning her lover Grand Chancellor Maryk   :rolleyes:

The journey to Arneesk is interrupted by Tragans boarding Moya and attempting to take control.  After much gunfire and the loss of Caa’ta the crew manage to take back control and make their way to the water planet, to be reunited with Jool and leave Pikal with his own people to learn how to use his long lost peacemaking abilities.

Of course the Scarrens are not going to give up the fight and fire on the Arneesk Temple killing everyone there including Jool   :sosad:  Their attention is then focused on the crew who are ordered to abandon Moya in order to save her.  Once onboard the Scarren decimator, Rygel is taken away and threatened with torture unless John cooperates.  To protect his child, John has no choice but to take Staleek through a wormhole to see Einstein who confirms that John cannot make a wormhole weapon and that indeed no one should have that power.

While John is away Aeryn learns the origins of peacekeepers proving that Sebaceans are the product of genetically enhanced humans. Ahkna attempts to kill Rygel and also discovers Lo’La, ordering it to be fired upon leaving both D’Argo and Chiana floating helplessly in space   :worried:  Thankfully Jothee is close by and brings about their rescue.

Yondalao now discovers just how brutal the Scarren race can be and even after asking Stark for help realises bringing about peace may be a difficult task even for him.  His efforts do seem to work for a short time though and peace is assured until Ahkna interferes and kills the Eidelon. Stark is then forced to take his knowledge in an effort to safeguard it.

Part one ends with the crew waist deep in a paralytic embalming gas and Rygel in desperate need of the baby’s removal.

Will they all survive???   :nails: 

Online shester

• Contributor
Re: PKWars - Part One
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »
I love PKW too Nette.  Great write up.

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.
John Crichton-Terra Firma

Offline littlejamie

• It's all about those Baby Blues.........
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »
same here love PKWars.....pretty picture

Made by Clorinda
There is no home. There is no wormhole. There's only you. John Crichton

Online shester

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
Clorinda won't be able to join us tonight.  When I talked to her last she was still at work. 

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »
Good evening ladies!!

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 08:24:41 PM »
Clorinda won't be able to join us tonight.  When I talked to her last she was still at work. 

Sybil

That sucks.  There are some almost-good reasons to miss a rewatch.  Getting stuck at work late is not one of them. 
Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Online shester

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »
That sucks.  There are some almost-good reasons to miss a rewatch.  Getting stuck at work late is not one of them. 

Well, her MIL will be staying with them tonight too.

Sybil

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »
Hello ladies!! 

Wonderful write up Nette!!

I love the wall you posted to start PKW.  :lovies:

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »

Sybil

:o   Bummer!!

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »

Sybil
That stinks.

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
So are we ready to start ...    :bouncy:

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
Give me a second.  Still setting up.
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »
Ready when you say go.

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
    • Crash Debris
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 08:35:06 PM »
Okey dokey. Ready!

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »
I love how they have his Ice Cream jacket and orange flight suit hanging in the background while he is laying on the bed. 

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
You did it John ... all fighting has stopped ...............

Online shester

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
You did it John...

Sybil

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
Beautiful CGI opening with all the ships.

Online shester

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:06 PM »
I love how they have his Ice Cream jacket and orange flight suit hanging in the background while he is laying on the bed. 

Me too.

Sybil

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »

:agreed:

Online shester

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:28 PM »
I will not accept it as a trade off for losing you.

Sybil

Offline Nette

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 08:38:12 PM »
Awesome CGI!!!!!

Online shester

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »
Beautiful music.  So Theatrical.  So majestic.

Sybil

Online shester

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
Farscape
The Peacekeeper Wars

Sybil

Offline panic

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
Beautiful music.  So Theatrical.  So majestic.

Sybil
:agreed: