Author Topic: WELCOME to the forum ... and an explanation about the name.  (Read 3993 times)

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
Greetings, and welcome to Crash Debris' new forum ... called Feedback.

The purpose for a forum attached to a website seems pretty obvious, so I won't use up any of your time by explaining why I installed it. 

At first glance, the name Feedback also seems horrifically obvious ... until you consider the OTHER meaning of feedback.  (The one that has absolutely nothing to do with installing a forum for the sole purpose of wheedling some comments about my fics out of all you wonderful readers). 

According to Wikipedia, feedback is also "a process whereby some proportion of the output signal of a system is passed (fed back) to the input."  If the system in question is a radio transmitter/receiver (transceiver), uncontrolled feedback loop can create a squeal that will make strong souls want to jump right out the window of a 100 foot high control tower ... or deafen you for a good 15-20 minutes. 

In simpler terms, it is noise run amok. 

For some reason I can't explain, that seemed all too appropriate.  :laugh:

I also learn more about writing from listening to you, the readers, than I ever will from reading about how I am supposed to go about the task of writing, which is the true essence of feedback.  So I am also rather fond of the double meaning.  ;D   

Hope you enjoy your time here.  Thank you for stopping in.

Crash
:dk:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:24:59 PM by KernilCrash »
Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline Iscascaper

• Contributor
Re: WELCOME to the forum ... and an explanation about the name.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:58:48 AM »
I didn't know whether to reply to your post here, Crash, or start a new topic.  Opted for the former - hope you don't mind!

You don't have to "wheedle" from me - I love all of your fics.  I check TF every day (virtually every day) to see if there is a/are any (says she, hoping for more than 1!) new fics from youself.  Unfortunately, I keep leaving very disappointed :'(.

I thought you must just be enjoying your retirment for a while, but I see from your webiste it's because you have been so busy with other things!  I love the idea of the Wingnuts, by the way, and I love the ones you have written so far - I especially love seeing the "cutting room floor" bits from Child of the Night (one of my all-time favourite fics, and one I keep reading again and again).

Anyway, my lunch-time is up, so I had better get back to work (retirement is quite a way off for me a the moment) - but just wanted to say how much I look forward to your new fics.

Thanks for writing.
Isca.

Offline ixchup

• Contributor
    • Words To Web
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 07:51:53 PM »
Hi Crash,

I'm glad you built this. Maybe it'll be a place where writers can come and share ideas as well as discuss fan fiction in general and your wonderful work. Noise run amuck, I love that.
"Don't be afraid to question. Don't be afraid to get fired. Don't be afraid to be wrong." - Ben Browder

John: "How did you get so wise?"
Pilot: "I don't get out much, so I read."
  --Revenging Angel

Offline DorothyGail

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 08:09:48 PM »
Thanks for new place to hang out, Crash.

I'm off to test drive the other new parts of your website.  Verry nice, so far.  I hope I'll have more time to check in here in the next few months. ;D