Author Topic: Wishful Thinking: Future Roles For Ben  (Read 6110 times)

Offline KernilCrash

• Psychotic Scribbler
  • Administrator
  • Contributor
  • What's Crash up to NOW?!?!?
    • Crash Debris
Wishful Thinking: Future Roles For Ben
« on: February 20, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
The actors frequently get asked a question at conventions that is related to the subject of this topic:  What role have you never played that you would like to play? 

I thought it would be fun to do a little dreaming.  So ...

What role would you like -- or would have liked, if it was something that needs a slightly younger actor -- to see Ben play and think he could carry off better than any other human male on the planet?

I'll start with Ben Hur, partly because I think he'd be great in the role (better than Charleton Heston), but also because of the amount of time he would have to run around shirtless.  (Sorry, Ben.  I know you don't like to take your shirt off in front of the camera, but you're gorgeous to look at.)

Happiness is not a destination.  It is a method of life. -- Burton Hills
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Offline Eirenne

• Contributor
  • Beyond Hope....
Re: Wishful Thinking: Future Roles For Ben
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »
Crash....great idea for a thread...and I think he would have done a remarkable job as Ben Hur...obviously anthying that has to do with seeing some skin I am in!  I was having a similar conversation with Sybil recently.  I think Ben would have been very hot as Michael Westen in Burn Notice.  There are so many other roles that I would have loved to have seen Ben cast in.  How we would have loved to see him in 300 in Gerard Butler's role....;)

banner by pwells228

"I would be lost without you..."  :heartbeat:

Offline Nette

• Contributor
  • Irreversibly Contaminated...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:36:27 AM »
I have just seen the new movie "Unknown" and I think Ben would have done a wonderful job in the lead role that Liam Neeson played.

It's a recent movie but all I can think of at the moment    ;)     

This is a fun idea ... well done for suggesting it Crash!!!

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 07:19:35 AM »
Just about every movie or show I see I think Ben can do.  Charlie and I are going to see Unknown and I am sure Nette is right.  Ben could do it.

I agree about Ben Hur Crash.  He would do a better job and all that time without a shirt.  Be still my heart.

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.
John Crichton-Terra Firma

Offline Eirenne

• Contributor
  • Beyond Hope....
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:25:42 PM »
There are so many roles that Ben would have been outstanding in.  I just wished he would have been in so much more.

banner by pwells228

"I would be lost without you..."  :heartbeat:

Offline peacekeeper1947

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »
I have been an old movie buff for yrs! I have always said he would have been perfect in sooo many of the older movies.Most of you are too young to remember the ones I would name' but here are a few. THe Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Ben of course as the ghostly sea captain.
 A 1940's movie with Clark gable called Honky Tonk, he is perfect for Gables role as con artist who falls in love with Lana Turner.
There are so many movies I watch and picture him in , I couldn't list them all but then again I can see him doing almost any part.

sharon

Offline shester

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:21:52 AM »
I love the old Nick and Nora movies.  I think Ben would be a great Nick. 

Sybil

Earth.  Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.
John Crichton-Terra Firma