Author Topic: Exodus From Genesis - 1.03  (Read 2721 times)

Offline K_Lara7

• K'Lara7
  • Contributor
  • Why do our plans never work?
Exodus From Genesis - 1.03
« on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:53 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:28:29 AM by KernilCrash »
"You know, all things considered, there are worse ways to end a day."  :)
Char

Offline K_Lara7

• K'Lara7
  • Contributor
  • Why do our plans never work?
Re: Exodus From Genesis 1.03
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:21:13 AM »
Begining with John's inability to open doors, we really begin to see how different this world is.  The PK commando's are looking for them.  The cloud invades the ship.  Crichton and crew end up duplicated.  We find out that for all of their strengths, sebaceans have one fatal weakness, they can't handle the heat.  And of course, we meet the dentics.

One thing I find funny.  D'Argo suggests they cut off a finger to tell the real passengers from the replicants.  At this point all of his strategy revolves around his blade.  John risks Aeryn's life to fight the commandos.  This seems to gain him respect.  The whole thing ends well and Rygel gets the credit.

We learn that patience and time solve almost any problem.  (Too bad there is never enough time.)

So my question on this episode:  did I miss Crichton agreeing to kill Aeryn if the living death sets in?  Or did she just assume he said yes.  And, would he have done it?  It figures that the first time Aeryn asks for help, she wants someone to kill her.

I've also noticed that Crichton dresses in warmer clothes than his shipmates and is the last to be affected by the heat.   It makes me think that Moya is kept cold.  Of course, Crichton is from Florida where it is warm.

I love the lesser species conversation.  This starts the growth of the characters to the point in PKW where Aeryn considers John her equal.  There are so many references back to this episode.

How many times is John Crichton going to be duplicated in his life? :)

"You ever have one of those days when life just ain't what you thought it would be?"

"You know, all things considered, there are worse watys to end a day."
"You know, all things considered, there are worse ways to end a day."  :)
Char

Offline tara

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »
I love the conversation about the “lesser species” too..    ;)    I think I really appreciate the early interactions between John and Aeryn all the more having the benefit of knowing where things go from here.  Fast forward quite a bit and we see them here, again, on the terrace…    ;D

And I still get such a kick from John’s reaction to the “bug”!  On earth he’d probably be such the guy but on Moya he’s so out of his element and, well, that thing is HUGE!!  LOL

And the view on the terrace – if I could live on Moya, I think I’d spend all my time there!!      :razz:

Offline Eirenne

• Contributor
  • Beyond Hope....
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »
The view on the terrace is just beautiful.

Another episode where relationships continue to evolve. 

I don't believe John ever agreed to honor Aeryn's wishes to killer before the living death took hold...I suppose it was left up to us to think what we like.  I don't know if he could have done it. 

banner by pwells228

"I would be lost without you..."  :heartbeat: